Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dear Diary

Dear Diary,

On the encouragement of my group session, I am starting to write in you. It felt like a girlie thing to do. The psychologist said I could call it a journal, a record, or any else if I wanted, but let's face it: you are a diary. I'm only doing this because the group has really helped so far. I don't know how I would've coped with the Great Shift without the support group. It's for those of us stuck in very different situations. Sometimes I meet with others who have changed gender, and sometimes I meet with others who have changed race. Today, the small group I was with was all white men who are now Asian women...myself obviously included. I know things like gender and race shouldn't matter. I used to think they didn't, until mine got changed! It's weird to cope with; it's weird to feel like your identity is totally different yet still realize you feel who you've always been inside. Supposedly this diary is to help us deal with that somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin